Bitcoin Blackjack is one of the most popular Bitcoin Games. This article will take a detailed look at the game and the top casinos where you can play it.
Blackjack is one of the most popular table games in both land and online casinos. Many players have won a fortune with this game, for it holds the house edge of less than 1%. While people have been playing Blackjack with their fiat money, an alternative is gradually making its way. With time, more and more people are getting drawn to playing Bitcoin Blackjack. The use of cryptocurrency in gambling instead of fiat money has brought significant improvement in the playing experience. On this page, we will go through a wide range of points related to Blackjack with cryptocurrencies. The aim is to make a comprehensive view of this game and how Bitcoin can significantly impact it. So without further ado, let us proceed.
List of the Best Bitcoin Blackjack Sites
FortuneJack was launched in 2014. It accepts top cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. With a large selection of games to choose from, you can play Blackjack along with other table games and slots. The Welcome Bonus at FortuneJack rewards you with a 110% bonus of up to 1.5 BTC. To withdraw the amount, you need to wager a minimum of 40x.
At mBit Casino, you can play with crypto as well as fiat currencies. The casino was launched in 2014 and is licensed in Curacao. The website collaborators include top game providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic Play, etc. With a dedicated 24×7 live chat support feature, you can resolve your casino-related queries any time of the day.
If you want to experience the basics of Blackjack for free, you can try it on 7bitCasino. Operated by Direx N.V., 7bitCasino supports cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, etc. You can also play Blackjack with fiat currency in this casino. The first 100% deposit bonus is validated up to 1.5 BTC. Also, you get bonus offers for the next three deposits as well.
To play Blackjack in this casino, you can only use cryptocurrency, which won’t be a problem if you are looking for Bitcoin Blackjack. Apart from the famous card game, Rocketpot has over 3000 casino games to choose from. The casino builds a safe platform for the player by using security features like SSL encryption.
Bitstarz is one of the best platforms to play Bitcoin Blackjack. The casino features games from over two dozen top game providers of the world. While you can use Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies at Bitstarz, this does not mean that you cannot use fiat currencies at this casino. Bitstarz gets its licensing from Curacao and features 24×7 live chat support.
You can start playing at Stake without going through a long registration process. Just give the basic information for KYC, and you are done. The Stake is a decent platform to play Blackjack with your preferred cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash. There is also a sportsbook section on the website for people interested in sports betting.
BitCasino is ideal for playing Blackjack with Bitcoin as it prefers this cryptocurrency over others. There are other games in this casino that you can play using Bitcoin. Some of them include roulette, baccarat, video poker, etc. BitCasino offers a 100% Welcome Bonus of up to 1000 mBTC.
Here is what else you will find on this page:
How to Choose the Best Bitcoin Blackjack Casinos?
While there are many crypto Blackjack sites, the ideal ones are those that have a reputation – names like Bitstarz and Stake feature in this list. But if you are unsure of the reputation, it is best to go for the casinos that are regulated by a licensing body like Curacao eGaming or Malta Gaming Authority.
Player traffic refers to the number of players who visit an online casino. The more traffic a platform, the better are the chances of being a top casino. Finding the player traffic of a website is one of the best and easiest ways to understand the casino’s reliability.
Provably fair is a technology used in many casino games where you can check the transparency of the games after you play them. Like Bitcoin, provably fair uses blockchain technology and ensures a safe gameplay environment for casino players using cryptocurrency online. Hence, you should look for online casinos where you can find provably fair games.
While Blackjack casinos would typically focus on Blackjack, this does not mean that you should limit yourself to it. The measure of a quality online casino comes from the number of games it has in store so that you can try different options. Therefore, you should look for casinos based on how diverse their game lobby is.
A casino where you get handsome bonus rewards should be your ideal spot. However, there are wagering requirements which you should keep in mind. A casino that offers a lot in a welcome bonus but at a high wagering limit can nullify the bonus offer.
Benefits of Bitcoin Blackjack
- Financial Privacy
- Low Fees
- Play from Anywhere without restrictions
- Bigger, Better Bonuses
- Lack of Regulation
- No Chargebacks
- Crypto Price Volatility
One of the major advantages of using a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin is keeping your banking information safe. You can play anonymously at any online casino by using Bitcoin. In some casinos, you do not even have to sign up on the website. Just select the Blackjack game, place bets using your Bitcoin wallet, and you are good to go. Another factor that upholds the privacy of Bitcoin is that it is a decentralized currency. As a result, no government or financial authority can keep a tab on it.
In comparison to fiat currency, cryptocurrencies have a lower processing fee. As there is no intermediary involved, you can start playing Blackjack by paying a processing fee that is next to nil. The central bank regulates fiat currencies, and the government can often intervene in the financial regulation of these currencies. But, thankfully, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are free from this restriction and reward players with a low processing and transaction fee.
As already mentioned, no government or financial institution can put a tab on cryptocurrency. So, geographical boundaries are not a limitation for Bitcoin. You do not have to convert it to a different currency to adapt itself to a region. You can easily play Bitcoin Blackjack from anywhere on the globe and from any device of your choice.
The absence of intermediaries, fast transaction, and processing save a good deal of money in crypto casinos. Many online Blackjack Bitcoin casinos take advantage of this and redirect the money in the form of bonuses. This means you can expect bigger and better bonuses from crypto casinos which you will not find in casinos operating with fiat currencies.
Drawbacks of Bitcoin Blackjack
As there is no regulatory body for cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin cannot be under legal supervision. What goes with the currency is strictly its private matter, and you can not resort to any institution regarding this. Also, with casinos accepting cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, it becomes easier to operate without a valid license. The risk of unfair games is always hovering there. In these scenarios, an online casino going through a detailed KYC process is highly preferable.
The lack of financial intermediaries in Bitcoin means that you cannot ask for a chargeback. As online casinos cannot keep track of the banking information of a crypto wallet, it becomes difficult to contact the concerned authority to initiate a chargeback. Using your Bitcoins cautiously is highly recommended in online Blackjack casinos, especially the ones that are not licensed.
A major feature of cryptocurrencies is their high volatility. Currencies like Bitcoin are not at all stable, and their value keeps on fluctuating. While fiat currencies also fluctuate, cryptocurrencies make radical jumps from high to low and vice versa. This can directly impact your Blackjack experience in a crypto casino. Suppose you win 1 BTC while playing Blackjack, where the value of 1 BTC is $50,000. Now, it might happen that by the time you fulfill your wagering requirement and withdraw the money, the value of 1 BTC has fallen to $30,000 or even less. This does not imply that the value cannot soar up. But there is always this unpredictability about Bitcoins that can make or break a deal.
How Is Blackjack Played in online casinos?
Bitcoin Blackjack is pretty simple to play. In the game, you have to play against the live dealer. Two cards each are dealt out to the player and the dealer. The cards are dealt face up except the last one of the dealer. You have to bet based on the hidden value of this card. The target is to reach 21 before the dealer does. Even if you do not get 21, there is still a way to beat the dealer. The first thing you need to be sure of is not to cross the total of 21. Otherwise, you will lose the game. After this, it is all about the person who comes closest to 21.
Blackjack is played with the standard deck of 52 cards, where each has a value.
An ace can have a value of 1 or 11, depending on the type of game you are playing. Before playing Blackjack in an online crypto casino, you should check out the value of Ace given there.
The numbers 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 10 on the cards hold their face value. For instance, if you have two cards, one of which is 8. Its value would be 8.
This leaves us with the King, Queen, and Jack. All three cards have a value of 10.
With this action, you are dealt another card apart from the default two. If the third card takes the total value of your cards above 21, you will lose the game. On the flip side, if the third card keeps the numerical total below 21, you can go for another card.
Once the two cards are dealt, you can use the option of doubling down your bet if the total value of your card is 9, 10, or 11.
If you think the value of your two cards is pretty good and adding another will be risky, you can choose not to ask for another card. This action is known as standing.
If the two cards dealt out to you are of the same denomination, you may choose to split them into two pairs and consider each a different hand. You have to place the same wager for the second set of pairs as you did for the first one.
Here’s a video of playing and winning in Blackjack
|A higher hand above the dealer||1:1|
|Player and dealer have the same total||Bet is returned|
|Player’s Blackjack with first two cards||3:2|
|Player’ Blackjack and Dealer’s Blackjack with three or more cards||3:2|
|Player and Dealer have Blackjack with the first two cards||Bet is returned|
Popular Blackjack Variants
- Double Xposure: In this variant, both of the dealer’s cards are shown to help you make a strategic decision.
- Surrender Blackjack: Here, you get the option to give up on your cards when you think you are not going to win. The advantage you can derive from this version is that you can save a lot of your money.
- Switch Blackjack: In Switch Blackjack, you get two hands simultaneously and can ‘switch’ between them. This will help you form a more substantial hand.
- Classic Blackjack: Only one deck of cards is used in this version, thereby keeping the house edge low.
- Spanish 21 and Super Fun Blackjack: These games have higher odds and house edge making it difficult for the player to win.
Blackjack Side Bets
Apart from the main bet, you can place some side bets in the Bitcoin Blackjack game to win some extra money.
- Perfect Pairs: You can place a side bet on getting two cards of the same denomination and value. For instance, getting two Queens can make you win the side bet.
- 21+3: 21+3 combines Blackjack with a three-card Poker. Here, you bet on your two dealt out cards and the one card of the dealer. You can make the following poker hands: flush, straight, three of a kind, straight flush and suited three of a kind.
- 5 Card Charlie: The rule of 5 Card Charlie side bet is pretty simple. If you make a hand with 5 cards, you win the bet.
Bitcoin Blackjack Strategy
To give yourself an upper hand in Bitcoin Blackjack, you can follow these strategies:
- If the dealer’s face-up card has a high value, you should strive to get around 17 or more.
- If the dealer’s face-up card is of low value, you should look to get 12 or higher.
- If your two cards make a total of 11, you should always go for the double down.
- Always split aces or 8s.
- 10s and 5s should not be split.
- You should double down when you get a total of 10 unless the dealer has a 10-card or an ace.
Related Bitcoin Games
- Bitcoin Poker: Poker is all about having the strongest hand or pretending to have one. It comes in numerous variations, with Texas Hold’Em being the most popular among them. In Bitcoin Poker, you can play with cryptocurrency and use its advantages to your end.
- Bitcoin Dice: The game of Bitcoin Dice is all about predicting the outcome of dice to be above or below a chosen number. The blockchain technology of the game makes it fair and safe to play.
- Bitcoin Crash: Bitcoin Crash is one of the simplest games. Just place a bet, and cash out before the game crashes. The house edge of Bitcoin Crash is not above 1-2%, giving players a good opportunity to make some profit.
- Bitcoin Roulette: Predict on which number the ball will land, and the game is yours. Bitcoin Roulette comes in different versions, with the most popular being European and American Roulette.
- Bitcoin Slots: Check the payouts, place a bet and spin the reels. That is all you would want to know about Bitcoin slots. Most of the Bitcoin slots are provably fair, so you expect transparency from the games. You can also take third-party assistance to test the results.
- Bitcoin Keno: Bitcoin Keno reminds one of the lottery game. Here, you have to mark the numbers from 1 to 80, which you think might show up after the roll. You can make up to 20 picks in each game.
- Bitcoin Lottery: Bitcoin Lottery is very much like the traditional lottery game where you have to guess the right outcome. However, here, you can play with Bitcoin cryptocurrency rather than traditional fiat money.